May 05, 2023

Poopy Science: Getting to the Bottom of What Comes Out Your Bottom (A Gross Science Book): Guest review

The review was written by Grade 4 student Bradon M.
 
Written by Edward Kay
Illustrated by Mike Shiell
Kids Can Press
978-1-525304132
48 pp.
Ages 8-12
2022
 
The name of this book is what made me want to pick it up!  I have never really learned about poop and am always told we can’t do “toilet talk” since it isn’t polite. This book was finally my chance to learn all about poop. This non-fiction book will cover everything you want to know about poop…and maybe some things you don’t!  Each page has a couple of headings that are hilarious. For example, I really like “Funky Frass” and “Super-Duper Poopers and Tiny Turd Makers”. These headings made me want to read each section. Edward Kay's writing reeks of funny facts that now I can never unlearn, and I definitely learned a lot about poop!
From Poopy Science: Getting to the Bottom of What Comes Out of Your Bottom by Edward Kay, illus. by Mike Shiell
The disgustingly weird and funny cover page for this book made me want to read it right away. The pictures inside the book are just as entertaining because each one will make you explode with laughter. I couldn’t help but stare at some of the pictures. They were so outrageous. For example, there is a cartoon of a man picking his butt, another with a man riding on a flying toilet over the city who looked like he just had explosive diarrhea, and then one of a bear with a cork in his bum. The cartoons are really hysterical, but they are also really well done. You can tell that the illustrator, Mike Shiell, took their time. Each one is unique and eye-catching. This book definitely won’t be a waste of your time! 
From Poopy Science: Getting to the Bottom of What Comes Out of Your Bottom by Edward Kay, illus. by Mike Shiell
This book would be great for anyone over the age of seven. They will laugh at all of the pictures like I did and love the information they will learn. As I was reading the book, I felt I had to share every fact with my family…especially the gross ones! This would often cause a lot of laughter and some facts were shocking to them. When my family wasn’t around me reading Poopy Science, they could hear me laughing as I read each page. I loved this book so much that I think it should be in all classrooms, libraries, and bathrooms. My rating for this book is 5 poop emojis out of 5 💩💩💩💩💩!  A must read for everyone.  Pull up a stool and get a whiff of this book! 

~ Written by Bradon M., Age 9
 
• • • • • • •

Poopy Science is the latest book in the Gross Science Book series.

Stinky Science: Why the Smelliest Smells Smell So Smelly (2019)
Germy Science: The Sick Truth about Getting Sick (and Staying Healthy) (2021)
Poopy Science: Getting to the Bottom of What Comes Out Your Bottom (2022)

No comments:

Post a Comment